Auto Gates

While not unique to Nebraska, the device pictured above is a staple in cattle country anywhere. It is called an autogate or cattle guard. Or, as us kids used to call it, a runover. Because that's what you did. You "runover" it.

For those of you not "in the know", it is used to keep cattle or other livestock in a pasture, yet allows for people to drive through without getting out and opening a gate every time.

Thanks for stopping by. The coffee's always on.

Popular Posts